Our client, is a global innovative tech firm in the Renewable Solar Energy market who is pioneering new solutions, deliver cutting-edge products and solutions for its expansive pan-European corporate client base and is seeking an experienced Technical Battery Energy Storage Systems Engineer & Solutions Design Consultant (ESS) to join their team.
In this role you will be responsible for evaluating and developing energy storage solutions under different application scenarios, researching energy storage market trends, insights, challenges and analysing business models, and participating in global key utility energy storage project solution design supporting their sales and business development teams.
With offices across Europe, this role is based in Madrid.
You are a qualified Electrical Engineer, with 5+ years of experience in Energy Storage Systems, with expertise in designing energy storage solutions coupled with deep knowledge of Battery Storage Systems (BESS), Power conversion systems (PCS) and Energy Management Systems (EMS), familiar with the main architectures of utility-scale energy storage systems (+200 MW capacity) and off-grid systems, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of different solutions
What You’ll do:
Solutions Design: Evaluate, design, develop and optimize the energy storage solutions under different application scenarios
Research: continuous research and evaluation of energy storage market trends, insights, challenges and analyse business models.
- Participate in global key utility energy storage project solution design
- Contribute to Project Proposals & Tenders – developing appealing technical & commercial strategies in compliance with company guidelines.
- Support high level technical customer engagement and customer presentations, supporting the success of business development.
Community Engagement: Participate in industry exhibitions, technical communications and other related events to grasp industry trends and showcase professional capabilities.
Consulting: Familiar with mainstream energy storage technology solutions, understanding customer pain points and guiding future product planning and design while developing key customer Relationships.
Practical exposure to battery operations, hands on experience of BESS projects coupled with a comprehensive understanding of BESS products, inverters, and transformers.
A fundamental understanding of distribution and transmission networks, as well as grid codes with practical site experience.
Strong project management capability.
Strong comprehension of the ancillary and balancing services market and business models related to Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS).
Education: Bachelor degree or above, majoring in electrical automations, electrochemistry and/or similar
- the design of enterprise scale electrical systems
- conducting electrical calculations
- preparing technical and commercial proposals
- compiling technical bids, budgeting, creating drawings, and managing supplies.
- Good comprehension of the Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) market and utility-scale projects
- Strong theoretical understanding of and practical experience in the use of inverters
- Ideally some practical involvement in project implementation.
Spoken Languages: Native Spanish speaker with fluent English
Office productivity tools: Skilled in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Open to Travel (c20%): Available for client onsite meetings (in Spain) and occasional business trips
Why You Should Be Interested
- Our client is a vibrant, multinational firm with global presence and offices in the main European capitals.
- Their product and technology are at the cutting edge of innovation.
- They offer a competitive salary and appealing bonus incentives.
- Location: Onsite with some limited hybrid working (4 days per week on site)
Interested in Learning More?
Please share your CV with us quoting job reference 24507.
If this role doesn’t align perfectly with your criteria, see www.allenrec.com to access our current vacancies.
Any questions contact us via Email: [email protected] or phone +34919030009
Ref Number: BBBH: 24507