Our client a leading pharmaceutical company, is in search of a dynamic and dedicated Scientist to join their global team in Cork, on a hybrid working model for a 12-month contract role.
Job Type: Temporary
Contract Length: 12 months
Location: Shanbally Ringaskiddy Cork
Working Model: Hybrid (Up to 2 days onsite)
Visa Sponsorship: No
Job Number: BBBH 24698
As a Scientist in the Upstream division within our client’s Process Lab Science team, you’ll be a pivotal scientific thought leader. Your role involves providing expertise in small-scale cell culture and microbial fermentation techniques to support process characterization, troubleshoot manufacturing issues, and drive continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Develop and utilize small-scale models for process characterization, optimization, and troubleshooting in cell culture/microbial fermentation.
- Lead scientific projects aligned with the MSAT business plan, offering insights, recommendations, and mentorship to junior scientists.
- Apply innovative thinking and problem-solving skills to resolve complex scientific challenges and foster collaboration within the team.
- Mentor junior scientists, guiding them technically and sharing knowledge effectively.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for improvement in robustness, yield, and cost reduction.
- Network and collaborate within scientific and technical functions across MSAT, Process Sciences, and R&D.
- Author and communicate scientific outputs to technical functions and MSAT stakeholders through protocols, presentations, and reports.
- Utilize statistical methodologies for study design and data analysis to derive objective conclusions.
- Foster a culture of empowerment, accountability, technical excellence, and continuous improvement within MSAT.
- Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships, promoting the work of MSAT across stakeholder groups.
- Adhere to MSAT procedures and practices, ensuring compliance with laboratory operations, GLP, and maintaining operational excellence.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- A Ph.D. degree or Master’s Degree in a relevant scientific discipline (such as Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or Process Engineering) with 2-4 years of industry experience.
- Experience in laboratory-scale cell culture/microbial processing techniques or commercial-scale Upstream experience is preferred.
- Hands-on experience and proven expertise in small-scale laboratory mammalian cell culture and/or microbial bioprocessing techniques, including seed train cultivation, stirred tank bioreactors, or stainless steel fermentation systems.
- Demonstratable leadership qualities.
- Experience communicating scientific results, recommendations, and project updates clearly and effectively to stakeholders at various levels.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have on Email: [email protected] or Phone: +35316694040