A recruitment professional can make a significant impact on the success of an organization – they help companies secure the best talent and job seekers find their ideal workplace. But let’s face it: the traditional approach to recruitment is sales-oriented and often involves finding the easy way out, even if that means coming up with suboptimal prospects.
When needing to fill a role, agency recruiters will take the easier routes:
- they will refer to their contact list under the pretext that these people are the right fit for the client
- they might look into some of the applicants who responded to the job advert they posted, which was an exact replica of the job specifications that the client provided.
- they could log on to LinkedIn briefly and browse through a few willing job seekers or those whose profiles indicate they are open to new opportunities.
In other words, most agency recruiters are salespeople. They will assure the client they have done extensive research, and the market is boiling over presently, thus they are bargain hunting and a lower-level candidate is their best bet.
We are not marketers or recruiters. We are technologists first and data scientists second. Relying on our data-driven approach, we solve this for our clients by doing things differently:
To fill any role, we need enough potential candidates:
- interested in working for our client’s company, within their budget and selected location.
- whom we believe are qualified to fill the position our client requires.
- currently seeking employment or potentially interested in a move.
On average this number is 117 candidates.
Our Data Scientists do detailed analysis of our client’s criteria and establish the potential talent pool – we call this a Talent Intelligence Report.
Here is an overview of our process:
Based on data from 69 paid subscription databases and publicly available information, we will provide the analysis for our Account Manager who will manage the search. In cases where more than 117 potential candidates are identified, we will proceed.
Otherwise, we make a set of recommendations to our client as to which variables they should consider adjusting in the job specifications and why – this enables our client to make a calculated decision to move the parameters, expanding the potential talent pool and increasing the likelihood of filling the position.
Our recruiter will review the candidates in detail, in order to come up with a long list, which will then be filtered. Using a library of automations, tailored for different types of candidates, job types, industries, and locations the recruiter together with the Account Manager select the most suitable candidates for our automations to reach out to.
A sample would be as follows:
- The automations will be set to contact the candidate through a series of emails and possibly texts over the course of 5 days, resulting in either progressing to the next stage or stopping, based on their response rate.
- Our system tracks what is opened and clicked throughout the interaction and calculates the engagement score. If there is a high engagement score, but no communication from the candidate, the system prompts the recruiter to call them.
- With the above filtering, we narrowed down our 117 candidates to 80, a quarter of which will be interested in our offer – we will be proceeding to book screening calls with them.
- This will lead to a screening of 15 applicants based on company and culture fit, CV and motivation.
- The top selected will be reviewed in detail by our Account Manager who will listen to the screening and review the notes. If they agree with the recruiter’s assessment, then the CVs will be submitted to the client for review.
Quality Data research, proper adjustments, effective filtering, engagement, and intelligent screening enables us to find the most suitable candidates for our clients.
The technology-based approach we use allows us to remove the administrative burden that manual spreadsheets and notebook-based recruitment approaches have – freeing up our recruiters to carry out detailed and meaningful conversations with our candidates.
As opposed to traditional methods, in which recruiters couldn’t reach every potential candidate, automation and data science make it possible for our team to connect with all those most suitable for the job.