Job Ref: BBBH 24028
Location: Zaventem, Belgium
Employment Type: Contract / Fixed Term Temporary
Duration: Initial term of 1 year with ability to extend.
Workplace: On Site in Zaventem near Brussels.
Our client is a global leader in digital transformation, specialising in hi-tech, hi-performant transactional services, unified communications, cloud / SaaS, big data & ML analytics and cybersecurity services across numerous industries. They are currently hiring numerous software engineers across multiple R&D teams to deliver complex suites of applications.
We are seeking a highly skilled Java Developer to join our development teams of statistical application systems, supporting customer’s business domains. As a Java Developer, you will be responsible for developing application components, contributing to the design of parts of application components in close collaboration with technical lead or senior developers, and coaching co-workers on a technical level when required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in back-end development, with expertise in Java and the Spring Framework. Experience with SQL, NoSQL, SOAP and RESTful web services, Spring Batch, test-driven development and web vulnerability technologies. The ability to understand work habits like Scrum/Kanban and experience with documentation practices such as BPMN and UML is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Java (programming language, platform mechanics, common utility classes, object orientation, multi-threading)
- Good knowledge of Spring and Springboot
- Good knowledge of web concepts (HTTP protocol, impact of infrastructure components, REST, SOAP)
- Good knowledge of database systems (SQL, no-SQL, transactions)
- Essential to have experience with Git, Maven
- Basic knowledge of security (TLS, common vulnerabilities of web applications, authentication, authorization)
- Can contribute easily in brainstorming session
- Able to understand business requirements and translate this into high quality application code
- Experience in multinational environments is a plus
- English – Fully proficient
- French or Dutch: active knowledge (understanding/speaking/writing technical documentation) is a plus.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in Word or Text format) today via the associated link or contact our team directly with any questions you may have on Email: [email protected] or Phone: +3223202897
If this role does not fully fit with your criteria, do check out our website – www.allenrec.com for insights on various recruitment programs across multiple geographies.