Location: Santry, Co Dublin
Job Type: Permanent
We are seeking to recruit on behalf of our client, a leading company in the renewable energy sector, specializing in wind farm development and operations a Wind Farm Design Engineer, to join their dynamic team.
With a strong commitment to sustainability and technological innovation, they are dedicated to maximizing their efficiency and performance and contribute to a cleaner, greener future through the optimization of their wind farm operations.
As the Wind Farm Design Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the performance and efficiency of their wind farm operations. Your expertise and strategic mindset will contribute to enhancing energy production, reducing downtime, and optimizing the overall performance of wind assets. You will work closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to implement and execute optimization strategies, ensuring successful operations and project management.
- Perform a range of Wind & Site analysis tasks, including energy yield estimation, site verification, loads assessment, wind & site risk assessment, and site-specific power curve analysis.
- Verify wind parameters for wind turbines, such as turbulence intensity, wind shear, flow inclination, and extreme wind conditions.
- Utilize advanced 3D / CFD simulations at the wind farm level.
- Understand customer requirements and propose effective measures to optimize wind farm projects and reduce the Cost of Energy.
- Optimize capital expenditure (CAPEX) by considering Wind Energy Converter (WEC) type, civil works, and substation cabling.
- Collaborate with the Sales team and other internal departments to manage contract and permit risks.
- Provide expert consulting services to clients and internal stakeholders in wind farm development.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Renewable Energy, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in wind project & site optimization including wind farm design, layout, wind resource assessment, electrical systems, and project coordination.
- Prior experience with specialized design software would be considered an asset
- A competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Xmas Bonus
- Career development opportunities
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have via Email: [email protected] or Phone: +353 1 6694040