We are looking for a Technical Accountant who can move fast and learn quickly to help solve technical accounting issues for emerging significant, non-routine, and unique transactions.
Based in Dublin 4, our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast-paced forward-thinking company with a very creative culture.
In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the finer details of proposed or executed transactions through the review of available contracts and agreements and collaboration with key cross-functional business partners including our client’s International and US Accounting teams.
Type: Remote – Can be based anywhere Ireland
Duration: 6 Months
Visa sponsorship: No
Job Reference: BBBH 24291
- Interpret IFRS accounting standards and legal entity reporting requirements to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements often bridging any differences with US GAAP
- Research accounting implications from changes in the subject areas, prepare accounting memos, and reach conclusions after evaluating various viewpoints/guidance which may involve topics such as: revenue recognition, leasing, uncertain tax positions, business combinations, intercompany transactions, financial instruments, contingencies, and many more.
- Concisely and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to inform all key stakeholders of the accounting and business implications of transactions, particularly those with limited or no accounting background
- Collaborate closely with US technical accounting and policy, statutory accounting, tax and other finance functions, key business stakeholders, and external auditors to support the preparation and review of precedent-setting accounting positions, policies, and financial statements
- Provide insight on or prepare new or existing accounting policies based on industry standards and best practices
- Monitor, understand, and provide interpretation of new and proposed accounting pronouncements under IFRS to assist key stakeholders in assessing financial, operational, and reporting implications
- 8+ years of financial statements auditing, financial accounting or similar experience
- ACA, CPA or equivalent qualification with strong IFRS experience and a working knowledge of US GAAP
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience researching and documenting new accounting guidance/ policy and the accounting treatment of issues
- Experience working through ambiguity to communicate clear accounting positions and operational solutions
- Experience working with business partners and cross-functional teams to effect changes
Still Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: [email protected] or Phone: +353 16694040