Principal Systems Engineer
Our client, a global mobile and internet services provider, is looking to hire a seasoned Principal Systems Engineer to join their Cloud Systems Engineering group, responsible for cloud service network operations and maintenance within the EU, supporting a growing customer base of over 70 million users.
This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside a very experienced team, and leverage your own expertise to ensure 24/7 stability, security, monitoring/alerting and capacity planning, ensuring services / applications are running normally, optimising the deployment and monitoring of mission critical, customer-facing systems while identifying improvements in the existing deployment approaches and automation workflows.
Job Reference: BBBH 19331
Your role will involve
- Designing, deploying, supporting and automation of systems to ensure reliability, resiliency, scalability and security
- Provision of network support for different networking stack layers of mobile services deployments
- Monitoring and debugging of high severity mobile service incidents (applications, networks, databases) applying forensic root cause analysis techniques and crafting smart technical resolutions to address.
- Reporting on key service metrics such as availability, capacity, performance and latency, etc.
- Identifying, designing / re-engineering and implementing quality-management initiatives and processes based on statistical measurements to drive quality improvement e.g. automating routine tasks, documenting new procedures, etc.
- On-call support, for high severity network incidents, may be required (1 week per 2 months on average or less)
- Minimum of 10+ years of work experience in IT Infrastructure and Networks
- 3+ years of work experience where you held responsibility for designing, deploying and operating networks at scale
- Advanced level of expertise across various communication layers of the Internet protocol suite e.g. TCP/IP, IPv6
- Ability to configure and deploy virtual machines (VMs) and cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Content Delivery Networks (CDN) architecture
- Demonstrated expertise managing a Linux based environment with strong scripting expertise (Bash, Python)
- Experience working with automation tools e.g. Ansible, Puppet, CloudWatch, Chef, Kubernetes
- A seasoned trooper who proudly bears the scars and stripes of incident management, change management, and problem management
- A systems thinker who manages and communicates effectively driving positive outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Telecommunications or equivalent
- CCNA / CCNP, JCCIA / JNCIS, RHCSA
- A very attractive salary with a customisable benefits package
- Superb Dublin City Centre (when offices reopen).
- Laptop, mobile etc.
What makes this role attractive
- Impressive scale of growth with over 70M+ users in Europe
- A top rated search engine in Europe
- Impressive tech stacks and internal toolings, platforms and libraries built to increase productivity
- Opportunity to shape and influence operations and service delivery, from an architectural and operational perspective building greater efficiencies and resilience.
- Local team, focus on European service provision in compliance with GDPR directives
- Excellent remuneration
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in Word or Txt format as our ATS has a tendency to mangle PDF docs) or perhaps this role does not fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have numerous roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: info@AllenRec.com or Phone: +353 1 6694040.