SQL Server Database Administrator (Azure PaaS)
· Our client is a multinational leader in the development of software products, remaining as one of the world’s top software and service providers with clients based in 42 countries globally.
· They are currently looking for a talented SQL Server Database Administrator to join them in their Dublin office.
· The SQL Server Database Administrator must have 5+ years’ commercial engineering experience designing/managing/implementing on Azure SQL Server databases . This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing and exciting Irish software company on permanent basis.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
· 5+ years’ commercial engineering experience designing/managing/implementing on Azure SQL Server databases
· Experience building and delivering large, fault-tolerant, cloud native, scalable systems
· Deep understanding of the database engine, including Azure’s differences to on-prem or managed databases
· Demonstrable knowledge of the environment with respect to performance diagnosis and solution implementation
· Excellent knowledge of database topics including configuration and administration, SQL and T-SQL, preventative maintenance tasks, bulk data transfer methods, DACPAC / BACPACs and Microsoft Azure services
· Familiarity with the Oracle RDBMS
What will the SQL Server Database Administrator do?
· Become familiar with existing databases, data models, usage, needs, environments, etc.
· Upskill existing resources (DBA, development, support) in Azure SQL Server and its differences with Oracle
· Become part of the DBA team who are responsible for data model approval, database management and maintenance
· Aid the design, testing and implementation of disaster recovery processes, in conjunction with IT
· Work with other teams (particularly IT and development) to support the application development and deployments, DevOps processes, etc.
· Aid the strategy and architectural choices around the database and related tooling (ADF in particular)
· Instituting new standards and best practices for SQL Server use within the organisation
· Proactive and re-active monitoring and identification of bottlenecks and performance issues in existing architecture
· Database performance tuning and optimisation and direct recommendations for the application development teams
· Measure everything, predict outcomes, and proactively work to mitigate failures and sub-par performance
· Advocate and implement reliable design patterns (high availability, graceful degradation, correct alerting, SPoF mitigation)
· Build and maintain database systems ensuring 24/7/365 availability, resilience and redundancy
· Design and implement security and access methods for production environments using the principle of least privilege
· 4 weeks’ holidays per annum.
· Light lunch daily – free canteen.
· Excellent working environment, including regular social events.
After six months of employment:
· Pension, Life assurance, Permanent Health, Insurance, Employee share scheme.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: +353 1 6694040