Software Test Engineer
Industry: Fintech Software Research & Development domain
Location: Based in Ireland – Remote Working
Job Ref No: BBBH20804
So do you know how many testers it takes to change a lightbulb? While we’ve often got some great responses to this question it is not a question our client will ask of you.
What they would be keen to know is what are the aspects of software test engineering that most appeal to you and give you the ‘VaVaVoom’ to ignite your day.
They will also want to know if you are interested in building on your Manual Software Testing experience to transition into a Software Development Engineer in Test role, where you design and code complex automation scripts for all varieties of software testing.
If this sounds interesting, then read on…
We are assisting an exciting, privately owned FinTech SaaS provider expand their software testing development capability to deliver a quality, expansive roadmap of features for new and existing products and global client requirements.
Purpose: Collaborating with colleagues (Developers and Product Owners) to design test scenarios and write robust high-quality test plans and scripts utilising best practices and technologies including Python, Selenium, Jira, X-Ray and more as well as becoming a subject matter expert on our client’s platform.
Responsibilities will include:
With your analytical mindset you will create and execute test cases, analyse the results and evaluate any product code.
You will work with cross-functional teams and be involved in reporting bugs to the development team and help with troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis.
Initially your focus will be on designing manual test scenarios, running automated selenium test scripts. As your knowledge of the application platform, test environment and methodology develop you will be given the opportunity to start designing and writing your own test engineering code / software.
- Degree in Computer Science
- Experience with a software programming language, Python preferably
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks, manual and regression testing
- Experience with Selenium
- Minimum of 1 year experience testing across multiple Web Browsers and operating systems
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Experience working with Log Files
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g., Jira, X-Ray)
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail with an analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organisational skills
- ISTQB certification a strong advantage
This is an excellent career opportunity to join an exciting FinTech which is growing rapidly working remotely from anywhere in Ireland, travelling to Dublin for occasional company meet-ups.
Interested in this opportunity?
- Successful, vibrant software R&D firm
- Great career path to transition into a software development engineer in test
- Great technologies
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus + healthcare + pension
- Remote working role from anywhere in Ireland.
Submit your CV (in Word or Text format) today
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: +353 1 6694040