Software Engineer – Java
Our financial services client is looking for a Software Engineer with 3+ years experience and proficiency with Java, to join them on a 12-month contract in Dublin.
Why work as a contractor with Allen Recruitment:
- Simple online contracts
- Online timesheets
- Regular on time payments (not related to when the client pays)
Job Reference: BBBH21960
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software.
- Work closely with technical leads for assigned projects to assist in design and implementation tasks.
- Assist with production support issues by acting as a subject matter expert in resolving incidents and problem tickets.
- Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with their standards, processes and best practices.
- Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
- Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
- Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
- Collaborate with vendor resources for support of products.
- Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks.
- Provide technical training to the other team members.
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
- Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC.
- Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
- Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance and PCI standards.
- Be an integral part of the Agile SAFe discover and elaboration sessions.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- 3+ years experience with Java
- Strong Linux and Shell scripting
- Spring Framework (including Spring Boot)
- J2EE Web Application/Web Services (e.g. with JBoss and/or Apache Tomcat)
Perks of the Job:
- Working with key business unit and teller for the client.
- Working on brand new ideas and emerging technologies, present and future technologies.
- Responsibilities in a global role for a global company.
- Opportunity to understand different set-ups and markets across the globe.
- Weekly payment terms.
- Online timesheets and invoices.
- Self-billing invoices.
About the client
This global client although in the Financial Services industry is a leader in new technologies working with millions of customers worldwide, they advance commerce on a global basis, delivering tremendous value as a franchisor, processor and advisor to its customers. They are also one of the top workplaces for information technology professionals.
Do you have all of the above? Do you think you’ve got what it takes to be a Full Stack Developer? Do you like the idea of working for a company who always working with the latest technologies? Apply with us today as you could be our perfect match!
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: email@example.com or Phone: +3531694040.