Software Development Engineer- 12-month contract – Dublin
Our financial services client is looking for a Software Development Engineer with Proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater, to join them on a 12-month contract in Dublin.
This position will be responsible for working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance, low latency Java based solutions.
Job Reference: BBBH20207
As a Software Development Engineer, you will:
- Design and implementation of innovative, low latency, high performance Java based capabilities.
- Work as part of a co-located Agile Scrum team.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Technical leads and other developers to define user stories.
- Develop high-quality, scalable and secure software solutions.
- Assist with operational issues by troubleshooting incidents.
- Research alternative technical solutions to meet changing business needs.
- Work with project team to meet due dates, while working through emerging issues and recommending solutions.
- Produce design documentation in accordance with Mastercard documentation standards.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and messaging queuing systems.
- Expertise in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of Tomcat, Spring, Spring Boot, Shell Scripting, JSON.
- Experience with Linux, SQL, Multi-threading, Message Queuing systems.
- Knowledge of Splunk or other alerting and monitoring solutions.
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Maven
- Awareness of coding principles for high performance applications.
- Passionate about Agile software development and working with SAFe or Scrum.
- Knowledge of Business Rules Management Systems.
- Knowledge of Source Control Management and working with code in a multi-developer environment.
Perks of the Job:
- Unique opportunity to get involved in new programme in a brand-new role.
- Working on a big expanding banking platform
- Learning opportunities from experience team
- Working for large global company
About the client
This global client although in the Financial Services industry is a leader in new technologies working with millions of customers worldwide, they advance commerce on a global basis, delivering tremendous value as a franchisor, processor and advisor to its customers. They are also one of the top workplaces for information technology professionals.
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: email@example.com or Phone: +3531694040.