Senior Software Development Engineer in Test – 12 Month Contract – Dublin
Job reference: 19129
Our financial services client is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test with strong Java and automation experience to join them on a contract for a minimum of 12 months in Dublin, to coordinate and participate in the review and testing activities to ensure the quality and functionality of the clients own developed systems.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you will:
- Coordinate and participate in the review and testing activities to ensure the quality and functionality of assigned developed systems.
- Assist project team in identifying and monitoring project testing risks and issues.
- Perform automated and manual testing and validate results to confirm adherence and conformance to installation standards and methodologies.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with Lead Engineers, Project Manager and Senior Management throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Ability to coordinate and interact across multiple departments.
- Review project test and implementation schedules. Monitor, document, and report the status of projects. Participate in review of project deliverables.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the Agile process to include story pointing, attending elaboration sessions, and creating acceptance criteria
- Manage defect resolution process and support outside testing environments such as Testing Services.
- Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
- Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC.
- Ensure adequate test coverage System Testing/Integration and Regression Testing
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- 5-7 years’ experience
- Java Testing Experience
- Jenkins/Devops experience
- Unix/Linux command basics – able to navigate.
- API experience
- Leadership experience
- Selenium with one of the above
- Spring Microservices
- Development experience
Perks of the Job:
- Have a blank slate to work with using modern technologies.
- Work with a diverse team of varying experiences
- Opportunity to improve current processes in automation and continuous integration.
- Opportunity to collaborate with very experienced team.
- You will be working at the start of the journey to modernise legacy system.
- Current application is 10 years old, and we are modernising and bringing this into the future, seeing the new application published throughout the world.
About the client
This global client although in the Financial Services industry is a leader in new technologies working with millions of customers worldwide, they advance commerce on a global basis, delivering tremendous value as a franchisor, processor, and advisor to its customers. They are also one of the top workplaces for information technology professionals.
Have you answered yes to all the questions above? Do you think you have got what it takes to be a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test? Do you like the idea of working for a company who is always working with the latest technologies? Apply with us today as you could be our perfect match!
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role did not fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com.
Please do not hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on email: or Phone: +3531694040.