Senior Big Data Engineer – Remote
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Big Data Engineer to join one of the largest banking institutions based in Krakow.
This will be a fully remote working role within Poland.
You will be joining an experienced team build based out of Krakow, Zurich, and London to build a best-of-breed data analytics platform.
View to moving this platform to Azure Cloud in early 2022, Databricks will be used as part of this process.
Job Reference: BBBH 20417
What you will be doing?
- Help build and enhance the technical analytics platform.
- Make sure that produced code is secure, stable and complies with our formal SDLC guidelines.
- Work alongside data scientists in an embedded team structure and help write models that analyze our liquidity situation.
- Support the Software Component Manager in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems.
- Collaborate with other IT teams both within Group Treasury and the rest of the organization.
- Work on moving the platform into an Azure environment.
- Help us explore opportunities in the area of AI to introduce predictive capabilities into our models.
- 3+ years of experience working in a Big Data Engineering role.
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Experience with Spark, including PySpark.
- Experience with Hadoop.
- Bachelor or Master Degree or equivalent with a focus in computer science.
- Business level English, EU Citizenship, and currently living in Poland.
What if we said:
- Great branded company, collaborative, and engaging culture that values, rewards and develops employee expertise.
- Great career development, fully financed training courses, progression, and promotion prospects.
- Benefits include guaranteed annual bonus scheme, health: private medical healthcare package, life insurance, work-life balance with flexible working models, generous family-related provisions, time-flex, working hours/vacation, sports clubs, staff catering, public transport subsidy, preferential rates on banking products & financial services, to mention a few.
Let Allen Recruitment work for you
Allen Recruitment are a specialist ICT recruitment firm and have been successfully placing candidates in great jobs across Europe for the past 20 years.
A key recruitment partner to a growing number of Financial Services, Banks, and Fintech companies in Europe. With aggressive hiring plans for 2021 and beyond, we are assisting our client's source talented Technology Professionals across Europe.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: email@example.com or Phone: +48 122119037