Our client is seeking an experienced SEN Operational Manager to lead, organize, and manage the SEN Service Unit and team. You will play a crucial role in providing effective leadership to the team and ensuring the implementation of high-quality systems for internal and external communication.
Contract Type: Inside IR35 or PAYE
Duration: 3-month contract
Working Model: Hybrid
Job Reference: BBBH 24876
- Provide effective leadership to staff, fostering a responsive and customer-oriented approach in meeting the needs of children with special needs and their families.
- Lead decision-making processes related to statutory assessment, placement, provision, and overall welfare of individuals with SEN.
- Work with the SEN Team to achieve objectives outlined in the SEN Service Plan and meet performance targets.
- Coordinate with the SEN Finance Team to ensure clear communication regarding support, placement, transport, and provision for pupils with special educational needs.
- Liaise with the Parent Partnership Service, local voluntary agencies, and stakeholders to identify future needs and service priorities.
- Maximize the use of ICT in the assessment and review process.
- Develop innovative ways of working with the use of E Solutions.
- Coordinate the preparation of responses to SENDIST appeals and present them.
- Represent the Authority at SENDIST Tribunals and respond to complaints.
- Contribute to the strategic management of SEN, including the development of SEN policy, funding regimes, and broader initiatives for social inclusion.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Previous public sector experience.
- Relevant qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: [email protected] or Phone: +44 3303351710