Retrofit Project Manager
Based in London, our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with very creative culture.
Joining on a 12-month contract, as a Retrofit Project Manager you will have a more than 5 years of experience as a project engineer/ project manager for retrofit projects designs (MEP).
You will be involved directly in retrofit program design management activities and control a project impacting the client’s operational data centre.
Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and are onboarding all new workers remotely.
Job Reference: BBBH 21145
What will a Retrofit Project Manager do?
- Support Retrofit Program Managers (RPMs) with global retrofit program design management activities.
- Development of RFQs / RFPs for design activities (Follow FB RFP template, Specification’s list, Deliverables lists, Coordinate Review with Consultants / Answer RFIs)
- Coordination with data centres for obtaining relevant as-built documentation (drawings / submittals etc.)
- Initiate the purchase order workflow for design consultants after award
- Coordination of Design package development and reviews (Organize meetings, Tracking Comments and Adjudication, Tracking RFIs, Site specific CD design reviews – chair (help lighten load from RPM in execution), expediting resolution with Engineer of Record)
- Organization and chairing of regular program update meetings
- Take part in field walks/visits during detail design and construction design to validate site conditions and coordinate Engineer of Record job walks.
- Provide input to schedulers for program design updates
- Manage single disciplinary or lower complexity projects and programs with little to no oversight from an RPM.
- Managing development of simple design packages for parts replacement (minor piping modification details for valve replacement for example)
- Reporting Function o Produce monthly program update reports
- Assist RPMs with producing publishing and development of training material for new internal retrofit design management standards and guidelines.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- More than 5 years’ experience as project engineer/ project manager for multidisciplinary retrofit project designs
- More than 8 years’ experience working in a critical industry project/engineering/maintenance function
- Experience developing retrofit project designs for industrial critical facility environment (Data Centre, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical, Chemicals, Oil & Gas, Etc)
- Familiar with MEP and Control systems used in critical facility applications
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards
- Familiar with AutoCAD and/or Revit (in the context of design reviews)
- Competitive Salary, with great onsite benefits including free canteen, unlimited (top class) coffee, tea, soft drinks and much more.
- Work Laptop, phone (most roles) and latest tools and technologies.
- State of the art modern office.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus paid bank holidays.
- Expanding workforce with options for permanent positions and career progress ion for top performers.
- The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: +443303351710.