Purchasing Lead (Culinary)
Based in London, our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with very creative culture.
Joining on a 12-month contract, as a Purchasing Lead you will have a recognized procurement qualification and previous professional experience in a similar role, ideally in the food/ hospitality sector.
You will be involved in purchasing for the culinary global team and support a team of purchasers being responsible for purchasing and logistics within the region.
Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and are onboarding all new workers remotely.
Job Reference: BBBH 20612
What will a Purchasing Lead do?
- Support a team of purchasers across EMEA and APAC.
- Conduct category pricing reviews and benchmarking analysis.
- Coordinate and manage adding and removing new employees to the meal solutions across our EMEA sites.
- Manage the regional per diem email inbox and associated payroll reporting.
- Manage a supplier tracker to measure supplier performance and feedback.
- Review small wares and equipment requests and approve before orders are placed.
- Manage small wares and equipment inventory centrally across the region to control over ordering and spend.
- Coordinate delivery and receiving of small wares and equipment to site.
- Assist with training new team members.
- Support the Regional Culinary Purchasing Manager in the delivery and execution of the Global Culinary Purchasing Standard and Strategy.
- Attend trade shows and keep up to date with forecasted trends within the business.
- Assist with projects and other duties as assigned.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- Previous professional experience of over 3 years in a purchasing role.
- Recognized procurement qualification
- Experience in planning, sourcing, negotiating and supplier management – category reviews, pricing reviews.
- Background in food, hotels or catering preferred
- Experience with sustainable sourcing, fair-trade regulations, and seasonality a plus
- Proficiency in Excel
- Competitive Salary, with great onsite benefits including free canteen, unlimited (top class) coffee, tea, soft drinks and much more.
- Work Laptop, phone (most roles) and latest tools and technologies.
- State of the art modern office.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus paid bank holidays.
- The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: email@example.com or Phone: +443303351710.