SQL Server DBA
Our client a leading, international internet services provider is looking to hire a Systems Engineer (DBA) with 3+ years of work experience responsible for databases administration to join their expanding team in Dublin on permanent basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside a very experienced team and build your skills and grow your career in a rapidly expanding office.
Job Reference: BBBH 19258
Your role will involve
- Install, administer, maintain, and automate database systems to ensure reliability, resiliency, scalability and security
- Work closely with Software R&D teams to review, deploy database changes to deliver key components required by the services
- Provide database support to deployments
- Monitor and debug issues across the databases, providing technical resolutions and root cause analysis for any high severity database incidents
- Develop and deliver reports for service metrics including but not limited to availability, capacity, performance, and latency across all production database systems on a timely fashion
- Continuously improve System Engineering operations (e.g. automate routine tasks, document new procedures etc.). Ad-hoc on-call support may be required
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of databases, including performance tuning of database systems/queries
- On-call support may be required (1 week per 2 months on average or less)
You must have as a minimum
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Telecommunications or equivalent experience related to Information Technology
- 3+ years of work experience responsible for databases administration.
- Advance level of knowledge of database architecture, database security, backup and recovery, and database performance
- Experience troubleshooting database performance issues
- Experience managing databases in Linux
- Scripting language (e.g. Bash or Python)
- Solid understanding of incident management, change management, and problem management
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of driving
- Deep experience on MySQL Database administration on different versions
- RDBMS advanced knowledge in Mysql
- Familiar with load balancing and database proxy like ProxySQL and HAproxy
- Experience working with Ansible or similar automation tools
- Expert knowledge of MySQL replication Master x Master and Master x Slave using GTID
- Familiar with Percona Management tools
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus
- Experience in PostgreSql and Cassandra
- A very competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Superb Dublin City Centre location close to all amenities and transport.
- Laptop, mobile etc.
- Plus other usual benefits.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040.