Graduate Support Engineer (part-time)
Our client a leading, international internet services provider is looking to hire a Graduate Support Engineer to join their expanding team in Dublin 4.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a 24/7 team to monitor issues across our client’s mobile services (applications, networks, databases), working closely with System Engineering teams in order to escalate issues as needed.
This role will is in permanent basis. Please note this role will involve evening, night and weekend work, as monitoring is required on a 24/7 basis.
Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and are onboarding all new workers remotely.
Job Reference: BBBH20839
Your role will involve:
- Collaborate with System Engineers, to communicate any issues that need to be dealt with
- Work with other global monitoring teams, to ensure alignment in terms of process and strategy
- Develop and deliver regular reports on alerting metrics
- Continuously look for ways to improve the Monitoring operational process
- Provide ad-hoc support to System Engineering team, where needed
- Work in a 24/7 capacity. This role will involve regular scheduled night work, in a shift rota system
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Telecommunications or equivalent experience as a monitoring engineer in a SaaS / PaaS environment (e.g. AWS/Salesforce), with focus day to day service management.
- Experience operating in a Linux environment
- Understanding of DevOps environment, and the different roles in a SRE team
- Experience of standard industry monitoring tools (e.g. Zabbix etc) would be a competitive advantage
- Experience in network technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, WAN routing) would assist in this role
- A very competitive salary
- Performance bonuses
- 25 days annual leave.
- Superb Dublin City location close to all amenities and transport.
- Laptop, mobile etc.
- Plus other usual benefits.