Our client is a Dublin based global leader in consulting, information technology, and outsourcing services. They are currently seeking a talented Java Technical Lead to join their team on a permanent basis.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring adherence to defined processes (like creating problem records, performing timely RCAs, creating knowledge articles and maintaining application documentation)
Location: Dublin 1 (Hybrid model – 3 days in office)
Employment Type: Permanent
What will a Java Technical Lead do?
- Follow up with internal and external stakeholders (Customer and Vendor liaison) to progress tickets to resolution
Ensure adherence to defined processes (like creating problem records, performing timely RCAs, creating knowledge articles, maintaining application documentation etc.)
- Adhere to the expected service levels complying with service metrics such as Response and Resolution times.
- Work on minor to medium enhancement tickets on Dotnet web applications.
- Act as the Cognizant Delivery team point of contact for the portfolio.
- Coordinate with onsite and offshore teams as necessary during project delivery, including daily connect calls
- Play an SME role in requirement gathering and application support requests.
- Responsible for end to end services for the application cluster / portfolio being managed.
- Plan, track, approve and maintain service effort on management information systems.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Extensive technical experience and development expertise in Core Java, J2EE, SQL and Spring boot
- Experience working with Oracle.
- Should have worked in a Development & support environment with exposure to handling problem and incident tickets.
- Should have worked using a ticketing system and hands-on with the workflow from initiation and closure of a support ticket.
- Should be hands-on on with application life cycle management, code promotion and release management.
- Should be conversant on multiple application architectures and technologies.
- Should have exposure to performance tuning, browser compatibility, scalability, security and infrastructure related considerations for application maintenance.
- Ability to assist with writing stories / defects and helping to prioritize.
- Should have team and people management and skills besides excellent analytical and technical skills.
- 25 days holiday per annum, pro-rata
- 10 days paid sick leave.
- Tax Saver ticket (https://www.taxsaver.ie/Ticket-Types/ )
- Bike to work Scheme https://www.biketowork.ie/
- Life Assurance
- PMI Private Medical Insurance
- Access to learning curriculums aligned to your skillset and preferences.
- Access to engagement and wellbeing activities and events
- Benefits hub- Online portal- Gym and retail discounts
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: [email protected] or Phone: +353 1 6694040.