Based in the heart of Dublin, our client has been at the forefront in changing mobile and cloud technologies as we know it. They are seeking Graduate Data Centre Technician, preferably a Mandarin speaker, to join their team on a 12-month contract. Recent graduate applicants are welcome.
Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and are onboarding all new workers remotely.
Job Reference: BBBH 24008
What will a Data Centre Technician do?
- Responsible for operating and maintaining the cloud data center site, ensuring on-site reliability and project delivery.
- Conduct on-site inspections of the data center and perform health checks on equipment, promptly reporting hardware failures to the manufacturer for repair.
- Verify the acceptance of cabinet and on-site data center hosting service delivery by the IDC supplier, following given instructions.
- Foster effective communication between on-site interface personnel and the dispatched IDC supplier from the customer.
- Instruct the on-site construction unit to carry out hardware delivery and installation, prioritizing construction safety and quality.
- Perform initialization tasks for IT equipment (servers, switches, and third-party equipment) as per the provided guidelines.
- Manage equipment receipt and delivery, as well as the safety of on-site hardware assets and consumables.
- Ensure accurate warehouse information and handle third-party authorization, alongside maintaining data statistics through the supplier platform.
- Provide regular reports to customers and be prepared to support other on-site and ad hoc duties upon request.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- This is a graduate position but any internship experience in a data centre environment will be an advantage.
- Server operation and maintenance experience.
- Network management experience.
- Data centre management experience.
- System integration delivery experience.
- X86 server architecture and understanding the basic principles of network devices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, working e-flow documents report.
- The ability to commute to City West Dublin.
- Fluent Mandarin is desired but not essential.
Nice to have:
- Linux experience.
- Public Cloud company experience.
- Fluency in Mandarin.
What you can expect from our client:
- A friendly culture that mirrors our proposition to our customers.
- A fast-growing organization that defines itself as being agile and innovative.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A commitment to building a working environment that values inclusivity, innovation, agility, and drive.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com.
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: [email protected] or Phone: +353 1 6694040.