Full-stack Software Engineer – C++/Pascal and React/Node.js
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer to work on a retail logistics solution to modernize the critical legacy system from an old to a new platform. The modernization involves building new products and splitting up legacy application in smaller products communicating through well-defined APIs. Agile principles are utilized in development, and you will be part of a cross functional development team. The solution is developed by seven development teams, each working independently, but still with many technical and functional connections between the different modules and capabilities.
As a software engineer you are going to be involved in a feature from beginning to end. This assignment will focus on goods automation solutions integration and other IT products in the client stores. The development team works on several parallel initiatives where automation is enabling more efficient picking of goods, maximum storage utilization and in store transport of goods.
As a software engineer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Being accountable for delivering quality software quickly, reliably, and safely to production. Understanding the customer need, benefit and impact of highly efficient IT products within a retail business
- Being an expert in the product from a technology and functional perspective.
- Working closely together with other software engineers and cross functions to produce all required design specifications and ensure that digital solutions work together and fulfil business needs.
- Applying and adhere to good practice software engineering practices (pair programming, code reviews, automated tests, continuous integration) in an agile development approach.
- Providing support and guidance as needed to other engineers within the engineering team encouraging good practices, as well as creating an environment based on trust and cooperation
- Contributing to the continuous development of standards against which software development should take place as well as exploring and bring in new technologies and tools to boost innovation and development productivity
- Being a part of a cross functional team that have an end-to-end responsibility for design, build, test, deploy and running the product including supporting our users
- In this role you will report to the engineering manager.
- Having advanced training in computer science or similar experience.
- Having experience from complex IT systems
- Being able perform and prioritize your daily work both independently on your own as well as in coordination with team members and stakeholders.
- Experience in front-end development in React, Node.js, Recoil, Material-UI, Nginx, Docker, Jira, and Confluence as change management tools as well as Git as source code management tool.
- The backend is developed in C++ and Pascal on the OpenVMS platform and a PostgreSQL database. The communication uses for example JSON RPC 2.0 and SOAP.
- Proven ability to develop high quality code using and applying good practices.
- Having a curious nature and actively dare to try out new methods, digital systems, and processes to improve performance.
- You will be empowered to work agile and through continuous improvement within the software engineering function. You and the team focus on delivering outcome in business value rather than number of tasks moved to done.
- 100% committed to deliver the best possible software to our application users.
Submit your CV today! Microsoft Word format is preferred.
If you only have a CV in PDF or your CV is not up to date, please send your application anyway, we can take care of the formalities later.
If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected] or look me up on LinkedIn and message me there.
Job Reference: BBBH 22469