Job Title – Freight Trader
Employment type: Full time
Location: Various locations throughout Europe preferably Greece, UK, Switzerland
What does the Company do?
Our client is a shipping company managing large bulk carriers with many years of experience in the industry, offering commercial, technical and fleet operations management services. Headquartered in Athens they intend to expand their third-party dry bulk freight trading business unit and are looking to employ a trader to handle physical freight trading.
This is a great opportunity for a self-driven, confident, and proactive individual to work alongside a very experienced team with an established network of maritime professionals and grow his career in a rapidly expanding office.
The ideal candidate will have more than 3 years of experience in vessel chartering activities and knowledge of FFAs, preferred in Panamax space, working in a ship & freight operating environment.
What will a Freight Trader do?
- Manage his own portfolio of clients.
- Enrol new clients through the company’s existing relationships and deploy new contacts with commodity sellers and buyers, ship operators, shipowners, forwarding agents, cargo brokers and shipbrokers
- Negotiate charter parties, COAs, derivatives and sales contracts.
- Develop new growth opportunities across a wide geographic region.
- Perform process improvement analysis for alternative trading strategies that suit the company objectives and plans.
- Keep track of market updates in the industry.
- Generate revenue and maximize profitability while controlling relevant expenses.
- Develop reports for internal stakeholders.
- Other ad hoc duties assigned by management related to the role.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- University degree in shipping, marine studies, economics, or related discipline.
- More than 3 years of experience working in a multinational commodity trading company.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Thorough knowledge of derivatives markets, including FFAs.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong risk management and negotiation skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Performance-based bonus
- Engaging, fair, and stable working culture with human values
- Equal opportunities employer
- Superb location close to all amenities and transport
- Opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: + 353 16614010.