Based in the heart of Dublin’s Silicon Docks (Dublin 2), our client has been at the forefront in changing the internet and online technologies as we know it.
They are looking for a Financial Accountant with a professional Accounting qualification and a minimum of 1 year’s post qualification accounting experience to join them on an 11month contract.
This role will be joining our client’s Irish controllership team, supporting the upcoming busy auditing season.
This will be a hybrid working role between remote and onsite.
Job Reference: BBBH 22976
What will a Financial Accountant do?
- Deliver and execute Accounting & Controllership activities and processes for a project (e.g., complex analyses) with minimal guidance and ensure they are in line with policies, rules and regulations.
- Assist in development of individual OKRs with guidance and sign-off from manager.
- Apply established frameworks and protocols in Accounting & Controllership to identify the root cause of existing problems and surface trends in data.
- Understand business requirements and identify the most appropriate Accounting & Controllership position/solution for the given situation, considering all available options and providing data and reasoning (e.g., prepare appropriate response docs to address any significant items flagged by business partners).
- Serve as main POC to key stakeholders for specific/assigned areas and key activities.
- Identify key business partners and begin to develop productive networks with colleagues (e.g., cross-finance, sales, marketing, product, legal), peers in other organizations, the vendor community, to secure or provide information, explanations and additional data and to identify joint goals.
- Contribute to the execution of a core process or a larger Accounting & Controllership project or cross-functional project.
- Execute recurring accounting and/or compliance controls and associated activities and regularly present results to management.
- Prepare and track progress of internal, SOX, and external audits by documenting and improving processes and ensuring performance of key controls.
- Develop financial reporting, variance analysis, and other accounting or compliance reporting/analysis processes, within a given project or team.
- Manage project planning, status reporting, timeline estimation, issue tracking, meeting facilitation, and project documentation. Propose next steps and roadblock solutions and anticipate questions and challenges.
- Develop data and research to identify and mitigate risk and escalate issues as needed.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- Professional Accounting qualification and a minimum of 1 years post qualification accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles including IFRS and US GAAP desirable
- Strong Excel experience
- Experience with a financial system/technology highly beneficial
- 25 days paid holidays plus bank holidays.
- Tax Saver Travel tickets.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Employee referral scheme.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: [email protected] or Phone: +353 1 6694040