DevOps Engineer BizOps – 12-month contract – Dublin
Our financial services client is looking for an DevOps Engineer BizOps with 5 years' experience in a similar role, to join on a 12-month contract.
Job Reference: BBBH19733
As a DevOps Engineer BizOps you will:
- Design, implement, and enhance our deployment automation based on Chef. We need proven experience writing chef recipes/cookbooks as well as designing and implementing an overall Chef based release and deployment process.
- Use Jenkins to orchestrate builds as well as link to Sonar, Chef, Maven, Artifactory, etc. to build out the CI/CD pipeline.
- Support deployments of code into multiple lower environments. Supporting current processes needed with an emphasis on automating everything as soon as possible.
- Design and implement a Git based code management strategy that will support multiple environment deployments in parallel. Experience with automation for branch management, code promotions, and version management is a plus.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Analyse ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems.
- Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover.
- Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Chef habitat (puppet, ansible etc.).
- Migrations to habitat.
- Chef products and suites – good knowledge of tools.
- Development experiences.
- Web development – python, HTML, Djano, JS.
- Database development – SQL, Flyaway.
- Support – XLR.
- Tools that use automated release.
- Devops understanding.
- Automation and configuration management tools.
Perks of the Job:
- Learning opportunities.
- Global team in a global company.
- Get to do both development and support/triage roles.
- Freedom to work on different automation projects.
- Weekly payment terms.
- Online timesheets and invoices.
- Self-billing invoices.
About the client
This global client although in the Financial Services industry is a leader in new technologies working with millions of customers worldwide, they advance commerce on a global basis, delivering tremendous value as a franchisor, processor and advisor to its customers. They are also one of the top workplaces for information technology professionals.
Do you have all of the above? Do you think you've got what it takes to be a DevOps Engineer BizOps? Do you like the idea of working for a company who always working with the latest technologies? Apply with us today as you could be our perfect match!
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +3531694040.