Big Data SQL Developer
Our client is a leading international ICT and smart devices provider and is looking to hire a Big Data SQL Developer to join their expanding team in London. They are looking for a candidate with 2+ years of experience in Hive SQL and with proficiency in other programming languages (Java, Scala, Python).
This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside a very experienced team and build your skills and grow your career in a rapidly expanding office. You will work alongside our client’s Consumer Cloud Service team working on projects that impact millions of users.
This role will initially be on a 12-month contract with a view to extension or permanency.
Job Reference: BBBH 20595
Your role will involve
- Employ big data solutions and build the ETL pipelines that power the lifecycle of App Gallery operation from serving, search, recommendation, discovery, and personalization.
- Use analytics tools like SQL, Python, and R to translate data into meaningful insights and share with project members and stakeholders.
- Define, develop and present executive-level insights and reports to senior leadership to support business decision making.
- Support and collaborate with a global application store team.
You must have as a minimum
- 2+ years of experience in Hive SQL
- Proficiency in other programming languages – Java, Scala, Python.
- Experience of Database Design, Data Modelling and Datawarehouse implementations.
- Professionalism in building and maintaining ETL processes, data collection, data processing.
- Experience analysing and optimizing complex SQL scripts.
- Know-how in GIT and working in an Agile environment.
Beneficial, but not a must
- Experience or exposure to Big Data framework such as Spark, Flink or have the interest and willingness to learn these frameworks.
- Petabyte level big data development experiment.
- Experience working with Petabyte level data.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableu, QlickView.
- A very competitive salary
- 24 days annual leave
- Medical insurance
- Multisport card
- Company discounts & benefits platform
- London City Centre location close to all amenities and transport
- Laptop, mobile etc
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: +48122119037.