Big Data Engineer
Our client a leading, international internet services provider is looking to hire a Big Data Engineer who has at least 1 year of experience working as a Data Engineer or similar role and strong programming skills in Python or SQL. Currently, the team needs candidates on 3 levels of experience (junior, mid and senior).
You will be working with the latest cutting-edge technology, fast pace and challenging tasks to design, implement and optimize the client’s Big Data platform.
This role will initially be on a 12-month contract with a view to extension.
Job Reference: BBBH 21420
Your role will involve
- Design, implement the client’s Big Data Platform for batch processing guided by experienced Data Engineer.
- Improve and maintain the robustness of the data pipeline end to end.
- Support business team in data analysis for data-driven operation.
You must have as a minimum
- At least 1 year of working experience as a data engineer or similar role
- Strong programming skills in Python or SQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, and Bioinformatics).
- Understanding of one of the large cloud-computing infrastructure solutions like AWS, Openstack, Azure etc.
- Experience in designing, building and optimizing a big data platform with HDFS, Hive, Spark, or equivalent technologies.
- A very competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Superb Dublin City Centre location close to all amenities and transport.
- Laptop, mobile etc.
- Plus other usual benefits.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040.