AP Accountant with Norwegian & English
Have you ever tried working for one of the leading pan-European exchange group’s?
Here’s your chance!
We are looking for an AP Accountant with Norwegian and English and 1+ years’ experience in A/P and a good understanding of the purchase-to-pay process. This will be initially on a 12-month contract with view to a permanent contract.
Job Reference: BBBH 21965
About the location: You will be working in a hybrid model with a few days a week from home and a few from the office in central Amsterdam.
About the role: You will be responsible for a variety of Accounts Payable duties such as booking and matching of incoming invoices, approval verification, payments, communication with vendors and internal company personnel.
About the team: We are looking for an experienced, motivated, extremely accurate and self-driven colleague to join our client’s Accounts Payable team. As A/P specialist you will be part of the Finance Operations team located in Amsterdam.
Recruitment Process: After applying we will book a 15- minute screening call to talk about your relevant experience. After that, there will be 1-2 more interviews. Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and is onboarding all new workers remotely.
- 1+ years’ experience in A/P; good understanding of the purchase-to-pay process.
- Excellent communication skills and proficient English and Norwegian.
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel.
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience with a world class ERP system – MS Dynamics a plus.
- Fluency in French or Dutch.
- Experience with process automation/implementing new software.
What will you do?
- Processing daily accounts payable and ensuring the follow-up of all outstanding items.
- Daily review of invoices on-hold and keeping pressure on purchasers for quick resolution.
- Reviewing invoices for appropriate documentation & approvals prior to payment.
- Preparing and processing payment batches.
- Timely and adequately responding to all internal and external queries.
- Maintaining vendor files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accounting practices.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure prompt resolution of PO related issues.
- Review and action promptly on all A/P balances, mismatching, refunds & adjustments.
- Maintain a log of all invoices that can’t be processed to ensure correct booking of monthly accrual for not approved invoices & expected costs.
- Processing and auditing employee expense to confirm accuracy and adherence to T&E policy.
- Assisting in internal and external financial Audits; ensuring compliance with internal controls, procedures and policies.
- Month end closing activities & reconciliations.
- Contributing to the working environment by displaying a positive attitude and a high work ethic.
What can we offer:
- Competitive salary package.
- Work Laptop, phone (most roles), and latest tools and technologies.
- Flat hierarchies and an attractive work environment which is providing you a long-term perspective for your personal and professional development.
- Expanding workforce with options for career progression for top performers.
- The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Please do not hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org